Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June Post

"To say 'I love you" one must know first how to say the 'I' "- Ayn Rand

How many of us can truly say who we are? Now I don't mean, say much ABOUT who we are, since most of us can list things about ourselves- occupation, favorite music, color, movies, food, ect. But to say who "I" am suggests that I know myself, or at least am trying to. I believe to say the "I" means I know what I'm passionate about, care about, hate, love, am trying to become. Perhaps only those of us who are trying to make sense of their lives, and live intentionally are best able to say "I".  Perhaps Ayn Rand suggests that "I love you" is hollow without a solid "I' behind it... Any comments?

1 comment:

  1. Yes. And, if the "I", as you state it here, knows what I am trying to achieve in life, psychologically and spiritually, then "I" can begin to align my decisions with my purpose. Mistakes in living lessen significantly. Only then can life feel purposeful and full of meaning.
    Thank you for your wisdom Dr. Mark!

    ReplyDelete